Project Space Use Application
Application for Use
Current Calendar of Events – Project Space:
Project Space Use Policies
Please note: Those who do not abide by the policies stated below may be denied use of the Project Space in future applications.
- All applications for the Project Space from UB Department of Art students, faculty, and staff will be reviewed and approved on a first-come, first-serve basis. Applicants should check the Project Space Calendar for availability before submitting an application for use. http://art.buffalo.edu/vsFacilities/home/project-space/
- There is a three-day minimum and two-week maximum use requirement unless permission is granted by the Project Space Supervisor. Plan to use the Project Space for at least one week to allow for proper installation and deinstallation.
- The responsibility for installing artwork belongs solely to the exhibitor(s). Although the supervisor should not be expected to install work, please contact her for any questions or comments concerning deinstallation or installation. Additionally, the supervisor will provide basic tools such as lighting, ladders, hanging implements, and paint supplies as requested.
- The responsibility for publicizing exhibitions belongs solely to the exhibitor(s). Although the supervisor should not be expected to publicize your work, please contact her for any questions concerning publicity.
- Exhibitors will have access to the Project Space for installation and deinstallation Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm only. Exhibitors may gain access after these hours by special request to the supervisor, on a case-by-case basis.
- The deinstallation of the exhibition is the responsibility of the exhibitor(s). Exhibitors must remove their work and restore the gallery to its original condition. Brooms, spackle and paint will be provided.
- Alcohol is not permitted unless exhibitors have been authorized to serve alcohol by UB’s Alcohol Review Board. Applications for approval may be found at http://student-affairs.buffalo.edu/studentlife/alcohol.php. Food is permitted but must be provided by the exhibitor(s). Exhibitors are responsible for cleaning up the Project Space after such use.
- The exhibitor(s) grant the University at Buffalo’s Department of Art and its affiliates the right to document the work and use any documentation for the purposes of advertisement, promotion, or publication on the Department of Art website and image database, or any University at Buffalo publications.
- The UB Department of Art assumes no responsibility for theft, loss or damage to work exhibited in the Project Space.
Contact Project Space Supervisor: