Basic Photoshop Tutorial
Basic Photoshop for B43
These instructions are a quick overview of the basic Photoshop adjustments to make to any scanning done here at the Media Resource Center. Assuming that most using the equipment have a firm grasp of this software, these instructions are meant to be the brief essentials.
1. Open all files in Photoshop Pro. Follow the same process for each image: (Rotate,) Straighten, Crop, Adjust, and Save.
2. STRAIGHTEN: Use the longest edge with the least distortion to straighten the image.
3. CROP: Leave a thin border around the image.
4. ADJUST: Found in “Image”>>“Adjustments”.
ALWAYS enable “Lens Profile Corrections.”
Smart Sharpen: “Filter”>> “Sharpen”>>“Smart Sharpen”
5. Saving as a usable file: “File”>> “Save As…”. Save file as a JPEG. Set quality to either 10 or 12.