Xerox 7835 MultiFunction Printer
The Department of Art Emerging Practices/Graphic Design Labs feature a Xerox 7835 MultiFunction Printer, ubART-Xerox7835. Stocked with high quality 8.5″ x 11″ (Letter) and 11″ x 17″ (Tabloid) paper, the device will print and copy, collate, fold and staple, and scan to email or jump drive. Users can print from lab computers or their own laptops.
Lab Fees, Quotas and User Accounts
User accounts will be created for every student enrolled in an EP/GD Lab course, as well as for students in ART 140 and, by request, Senior Thesis.
For each course lab fee paid, a student may print up to 100 color or black and white impressions (a print on a singe page side) on either size paper. If you exceed your quota and can no longer print, see Dom in CFA 139 to purchase purchase a quota renewal for $10.
Course Related Artwork Only
The printer has been purchased and is maintained with student lab fees. It should be used for Course Related Artwork Only. Text documents and materials for other courses should be printed in the UB Public Labs, such as 2nd Floor Lockwood Library.
Printing from Lab and Personal Computers
The below instructions apply to EP/GD Lab computers and your own computer if the ubART-Xerox7835 has been properly configured*.
- Do not attempt to load paper or fix jams. The Lab Monitor in 142 CFA will do this.
- Remember: Course Related Artwork Only. Print Text documents and materials for other courses elsewhere.
- Determine the paper size needed for your job – image area + margins. You cannot print fully edge to edge — there will be a .25″ margin. If you need a full 8.5×11 image, float it on an 11×17 page and trim if necessary.
- Go to File>Page Setup and choose the ubART-Xerox7835 printer, the correct paper size (8.5″ x 11″ letter or 11″ x 17″ tabloid) and orientation (portrait or landscape.)
- In File>Print confirm you have chosen the correct printer, as shown in the Printer menu. Expand the Print dialog box, if necessary, by clicking the “Show Details” button.
- Select Xerox Features from the drop-down menu.
Under Paper/Output configure 2-Sided Printing, and Finishing (stapling, hole punch, folding, booklet) as necessary.
- Under Xerox Features>Advanced.
- Under the Presets menu at the top, choose “Save Current Settings As Preset” You can then avoid having to enter your User ID every job. as long as that preset is chosen.
Please see your instructor or a lab monitor if you need help configuring your print settings within specific applications.
* Setting Up To Print From Your Own Computer
- Make sure you are connected to the UB_Secure WiFi network
- If you have a Macbook, open System Preferences>Printers and Scanners and click + to add a Printer. ubART-Xerox7835 should show in the list of available printers. Select it and click Add to automatically download any needed software and configure the printer.
Instructions to come.
Copy, Email, and Print From
The Xerox 7835 can function as a copier and a scanner, and can print from files located on a USB drive. Choose the function from the touch interface on the unit. You will be asked for your user ID.
- Configure options as needed
- Rather than creating hard copies, email will send PDFs to an email address of your choice
- Printable file formats include: