EP/GD Computer Lab Monitor Checklist
EP/CD Computer Lab Monitor Checklist
Important Contact Numbers
- Dom: if you can’t make it in at the last minute, or if there is a lab emergency:
- Mobile/Txt: check your email or posted schedule for my number
- Campus Police, For safety or health emergencies: 716-645-2222
Be Here, On Time
- You are responsible for getting your shifts covered. If you know ahead of time that you will miss a shift, email the listserv and try to get coverage:
- If you cannot get coverage, and missing the shift is unavoidable, contact Dom ASAP. The lab will need to close during that time.
- If you leave more than one shift uncovered, your position will be terminated.
- Know your door code and the alarm code.
- Don’t share the codes
- Don’t work alone at night.
- Don’t prop open the doors.
- SB1 Safety Walk Stations: http://sbihealtheducation.org/?page_id=155
- 716-348-7258 for pickup from anywhere on North Campus, or meet the escorts at the Lockwood Walk Station
- 7 nights a week, 8:00pm–12:00am
- Don’t leave the lab unattended. There must always be a lab monitor, faculty, or grad in the room at all times. If you must leave, put another monitor or faculty person in charge, or else close the lab.
- At the start of your shift, walk around the room.
- Make sure all computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, and headphones are in place.
- Push in chairs, pick up trash & recyclables
- Cleaning supplies are by the sink
- Handiwipes for headphones, keyboards and mice
- Simple Green for table tops
The Printer is for EPCD artwork only. Text documents and work not related to EPCD should be printed in Lockwood.
(If you must make a quick text document, please send it to Tray 2 where we have some cheeper paper.)
Only lab supplied papers should be used. If you see anyone trying to load their own paper, stop them immediately.Only monitors may load paper and deal with jams
Hold the user’s ID card if they need to use scanner film holders or Wacom tablet
Books and all other equipment should remain in the lab.
Everyone must vacate the building during a fire alarm. The back door is the nearest exit. Be the last to leave, and close the door behind you.
First Aid, emergencies
- First Aid kit by the monitor’s desk. Let Dom know if you use something from it.
- Campus police: 645-2222
- AED in corridor