Studio Art Minor
The Department of Art offers a minor sequence in Studio Art for students who are doing their major work in other departments. The objective of this program is to allow UB student in diverse academic major programs to be engaged in the study and making of art. The students will get an overview of critical and aesthetic issues in art today as well as gain a technical skill set in media areas of their choice. The study of art leads to greater awareness of visual culture, manual/technical skills, critical thinking and problem solving ability.
• Minimum GPA of 2.5 overall
• Minimum GPA of 2.5 in art courses
Note: For successful completion of the minor, a minimum GPA of 2.5 in all courses required for the minor is required.
• VS 150 Visual Theory, Aesthetics and Criticism
• Three 200 level studio art courses OR two 200 and one 100 level studio art courses
• One 300 level studio art course
• One 300 or 400 level studio art course
Total required credit hours: 18
Courses and Descriptions:
Current Course Offering